The ITG xpPhone – Runs Windows XP
The xpPhone has a 4.8-inch touchscreen, GPS, notebook-specs, and runs a full-blown copy of Windows XP. Seriously. And while I’m still skeptical about the use of XP, the phone has come a long way since I saw it at Computex.
China’s In Technology Group (ITG) has now posted an English-friendly page for pre-orders – there’s no price yet, they’re essentially seeing who’s interested. If you are, you can choose a 3G module for carrier’s necessary frequency (AT&T, Vodafone, and Orange are listed).
Not only has the QWERTY-slider much improved cosmetically since I first saw a working prototype in June, but we now know the full specifications ( below). They’re crazy, no? Not listed is that the solid-state and standard hard disks are both included, for when you need to save power.
It almost sounds too good to be true, so I’ll be watching this one closely. The xpPhone could either be one of the most powerful phones yet, or an almost one pound failure of epic proportions. I’ll let you know when I find out more on pricing/availability – or any plans for an actual U.S (non-import) release.
- CPU: AMD Super Mobile CPU
- Memory: 512M/1G
- SSD: 8G/16G/32G/64G
- HDD: 30G/60G/80G/120G
- LCD: 4.8′ TFT Touch-screen LCD 800*480
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP
- Network: GSM/GPRS/EDGE/WCDMA (HSDPA/HSUPA)
- CDMA/CDMA2000 1X/CDMA1X EVDO,TD-SCDMA,TD-HSDPA
- Wireless: WiFi 802.11b/g,WiMax(optional),Bluetooth,Stand-alone GPS
- Camera Specifications:CMOS, 300k/1.3 Million
- Ports: 1 x earphone jack, 1 x microphone jack,Docking Connector (includes VGA output signal ), 1 x USB 2.0, SIM Slot
- Battery: Removable Lithium-ion
- Talk time: about 5 hours,Stand by time: about 5 days
- Real life: about 7 hours(Standard), about 12 hours(Large)
- Talk time: Standby time,Operation time may vary depending different usage.
- Weight: 400g (includes battery)
[ ITG ]