Are you an XML Superstar ?
Now you can the chance to win super prizes using your knowledge.
The IDUG contest consists of five different contests aimed at students and professionals alike.
Each contest offers its own recognition and set of prizes. The range of skills encompasses those with a passing interest in XML and database technology to those with hardcore programming skills in DB2. Before participating, you will first need to take a quick quiz, a short questionnaire that requires no prior XML or database experience to complete. You only have to take the Quick Quiz once.
Those 5 types of contests I was mentioning above are:
- Video Contest: Invent a creative use of XML, XQuery or DB2 and record yourself doing it.
- Gadget Contest: Develop a downloadable gadget or widget leveraging DB2.
- Query Contest: Use XQuery to find five answers. The best queries win the best prizes!
- Ported App Contest1: Port or develop a new app for DB2. Enter as an individual or assemble a team.
- XML2 Contest: Win by building useful, user-friendly XML apps from scratch. Enter as an individual or assemble a team.
So if you’re a student, then you can leverage your entry in your job hunt. If you’re already in the professional ranks, you can gain some well-deserved recognition for your XML skills. Oh yeah, and there’s thousands of dollars in prizes, ranging from Wiis to complimentary technical conferences.