- Download Visual GPS
- Extract it to your hard drive
- Connect your Mio Moov S505 to your computer with the USB cable
- Copy the following 3 folders to your GPS to the parent directory (just open Mio Device – appears on your desktop when it has connected with your PC): Visual, Visual.auto and Visual.ins.
- Open Program Files/NavMan/appstartupsec.ini in a text editor and change the first 2 lines under [ Process1 ]:
ProcessFile=\\..\\My Flash Disk\\Visual.auto\\auto.exe
- Safely remove your GPS, remove the USB cable and turn it on.
The only problem I encountered is that Core Player did not play videos. The sound was there but without any image. To fix this all you have to do is to:
- open Core Player
- go to Tools -> Preferences ( press the arrow in the top left corner first )
- Select Page -> Video – Select page is a button in the bottom left corner
- Change Video output to Raw FrameBuffer
Videos should play now.
And there you have it: your unlocked Mio Moov S505.